The fitness industry is booming!
Check out the latest snapshot into the fitness industry from the Australian Fitness Industry Report October 2012:
- Aerobics, fitness and gym workouts are now the second most popular physical recreational activity after walking.
- Over 4 million Australians participate in fitness activities.
- Participation will continue to increase with total demand increasing to 7.15 million users by 2020.
- The fitness industry will have revenue of over $1.2 billion in 2012.
- Membership fees attract the most revenue followed by personal training fees.
- Fitness businesses reported a 4% average increase in revenue.
- 24/7 facilities and fitness studios have seen amazing levels of growth, being 11% and 12% respectively.
- Fitness business models range from small personal training studios to large multi-national chains.
- Fitness services range from the traditional fitness classes, to more niche services to meet the needs of groups such as older people, children and those with more complex health needs as well as those interested in general health and lifestyle improvements.
So what are you waiting for? Join the fitness industry boom and become a fitness professional today! Want more information? Contact us about an exciting careers in the fitness industry.