Academy of Fitness and your studies
This Student Enrolment Guide is for students who are about to commence studies with the Academy of Fitness.
The following terms and conditions constitute the entire agreement between you and the Academy of Fitness for the provision of your course/s. This is a legally binding agreement. You will be deemed to have accepted this agreement by:
|a)||signing an Enrolment Form|
|b)||clicking “I agree” on the Online Enrolment webpage|
In the case of b) this is the provision of your signature in electronic form as per the Electronics Transactions Act.
This Student Enrolment Guide constitutes the entire agreement between the Academy of Fitness and the enrolled student. All parties to the enrolment agreement agree that these terms and conditions shall be governed by the laws of the State of Queensland Australia and submit to the jurisdiction of legal bodies within the State of Queensland Australia.
Definitions used in this enrolment guide
Accredited refers to the courses that lead to a formal education such as Certificate
AQF means the Australian Qualifications Framework.
ASQA means Australian Skills Quality Authority.
Assessment is a process to determine the student’s achievement of expected learning outcomes and may include a range of written and oral methods and practice or demonstration.
Assessment Tasks are activities set for students that enable them to demonstrate the learning outcomes of a course and make it possible for markers to determine levels of achievement.
Business day means a day that is not a Saturday, Sunday or applicable public holiday to area.
Cancellation refers to termination of the registration contract to cease all financial obligations.
Course means a course of education or training. Courses can either be accredited or non-accredited education or training.
Credit Transfer is a process that provides students with agreed and consistent credit outcomes for components of a qualification based on equivalent content and learning outcomes of matched qualifications.
Enrolment refers to the enrolment form required to be completed by prospective learners to access course learning materials.
Expiration refers to the student’s allowable time ending. If a course has expired, access to course is removed.
Intellectual Property refers to intangible property that is the result of creativity, such as patents, or copyrights.
Learner refers to the individuals who intends or is currently studying and has completed a registration and course enrolment.
Marketing is the action or business of promoting and selling products or services, including market research and advertising.
Parent/guardian refers to the individual who has legal authority and responsibility to care for student/learner (inclusive of prospective and registered).
RPL means Recognition of Prior Learning which involves assessment of an individual’s relevant prior learning (including formal, informal and non-formal learning) to determine the possibility for a credit.
RTO means Registered Training Organisation
SRTO refers to the Standards for Registered Training Organisations which are standards all RTO’s are required to uphold.
Student refers to a learner enrolled with Academy of Fitness.
Study Mode refers to the method in which the course is provided, such as online or face-to-face study.
Suspend means to temporarily prevent from occurring.
Timeframe refers to the amount of time a student is provided to complete courses enrolled in.
USI means Unique Student Identifier which is a reference number unique to each student that records training from January 1st, 2015.
VET means Vocational Education and Training.
Withdraw refers to discontinuing your enrolment with Academy of Fitness and ceasing all education obligations.
Your obligations under this agreement
By accepting this agreement you:
a. acknowledge and accept all terms and conditions as contained in this Student Enrolment Guide including compliance with all entry requirements, all terms and conditions of enrolment , all Academy of Fitness policies and procedures and the published Student Code of Conduct
b. confirm that you will provide accurate and complete information as requested at the time of enrolment including all personal details, emergency contact details, your USI and anything that may impact on your ability to complete the course (such as any physical restrictions, disabilities, injuries, medical conditions, individual learning support needs)
c. acknowledge that this course has specific entry requirements and requires an ability to participate in exercise and physical activities. You also acknowledge that this course also requires you to possess a certain level of skills in English language, reading, writing, learning, oral communication and numeracy. You acknowledge that depending on your specific physical and/or learner needs, the Academy of Fitness may need to refer you to a third party at your own expense for additional support as there are limitations to support that the Academy of Fitness can provide, particularly where learners may require assistive technology, additional tutorials and/or other mechanisms, such as assistance in using technology for online delivery components.
d. agree it is your responsibility to provide correct and up to date contact information and inform the Academy of Fitness in writing within seven (7) days of any corrections or changes to your personal details including name, emergency contact details, residential or postal address, email address, phone numbers, payment options and banking details.
e. acknowledge and accept that the PT Mobilise program is delivered by On Top Pty Ltd and is not delivered by the Academy of Fitness. The Academy of Fitness is not responsible for this course and all communications regarding the program must be forwarded to On Top Pty Ltd. Access to the course will be granted at the completion of the Certificate III in Fitness. You are unable to start your personal training business until you are certified with the Certificate IV in Fitness.
f. agree to pay all fees associated with your course in accordance with the agreed payment terms and methods, even in the event of a change of personal circumstances. This includes ensuring that fees are paid using the accepted payment method of the Academy which is online payment via a valid MasterCard or VISA.
h. recognise that any activity that you undertake whilst participating in this education program might result in significant physical exertion and participation in these activities may pose a risk to your health. You agree that if you believe there is a risk to your health by participating in any activities within this education program, you are obliged to inform the Academy of Fitness immediately and refrain from participating in the activity/ies. You acknowledge that it is your responsibility to disclose all medical information that may affect your participation in any activities throughout your enrolment.
i. agree to undergo regular pre-exercise screening (at no additional cost to you) whenever requested by the Academy to reduce your risk of personal injury sustained through engaging in any activities during your enrolment and agree to provide a written medical clearance by a qualified medical practitioner (at your own cost) if requested by the Academy.
j. understand that it is a requirement of your enrolment to:
- Complete and submit forms attesting to the authenticity of your submitted work and evidence, upon request.
- Provide an executed statutory declaration attesting to the authenticity of your submitted work and evidence, upon request.
- Provide the Academy with permission to verify with third parties the currency and authenticity of your submitted work and evidence including any certificates issued by other Registered Training Organisations.
k. acknowledge it is your responsibility to submit assessment in accordance with the Academy’s assessment submission requirements and that you will retain a copy of all assessments submitted during your enrolment and all correspondence from the Academy. You acknowledge that the Academy of Fitness is not obliged to keep a copy of any of your assessments (excluding any records the Academy of Fitness is obliged to retain in it’s capacity as a Registered Training Organisation) and you understand that the Academy undergoes a regular data deletion process to remove assessments and completed student works from Academy records, in accordance with the Student Records Retention Policy. You acknowledge that the only records that the Academy will retain on a long term basis are your:
- residential post code
- date of birth
- student ID number (if issued)
- enrolment and commencement dates
- code and title of qualification, course or program student enrolled in
- codes and titles of units of competency completed and results (if any were completed, assessed and paid for prior to enrolment expiry)
- date the Certificate or Statement of Attainment was issued (if any was completed, assessed and paid for prior to enrolment expiry)
l. acknowledge that you will be required to join an online learning portal to participate in your studies and that this online learning portal (including the associated ticketing system) is used as the official communication channel between yourself and the Academy.
m. acknowledge that certificates and/or statements of attainment will not be issued until payment of full course fees. In the case of enrolment in a combined Certificate III and IV in Fitness, individual certificates and/or statement of attainments will not be issued until payment of the total combined course fees. If you have entered into a payment plan, you will be permitted to pay a lump sum to pay your outstanding balance in order to be issued with your certificate/s or any applicable Statement of Attainments. Costs are unable to be allocated or broken down into an individual competency basis.
n. acknowledge that strict time frames for completion of your course/s apply and all components of the course/s must be completed before your enrolment expires. Once your enrolment has been processed, you are unable to request that your course be put on hold. Extensions will only be offered at the discretion of the Academy of Fitness and are not available for some courses or enrolments at the absolute discretion of the Academy. If an extension is not granted, students will be eligible to receive a Statement of Attainment for any subjects (competencies) successfully completed by the date of enrolment expiry.
o. acknowledge that if you have enrolled in a combined Certificate III and IV in Fitness course, that you have obtained a discounted price compared to enrolling in both certificates separately. Therefore, you will be liable for the entire course fee for both Certificate III and IV in Fitness, even if you do not progress to the Certificate IV in Fitness.
p. agree that the Academy of Fitness may make changes to your course (including changes to learning and assessment documents and course materials) due to continuous improvement activities and/or government mandated changes to the training package that your course is derived from, without advance notice and without penalty; the Academy of Fitness may make changes to the website and this Student Enrolment Guide as required from time to time without notice and without penalty; the Academy of Fitness may also make changes to other fees and charges as required from time to time without notice and without penalty.
q. acknowledge that if you have entered into a payment plan to pay the costs of the course, the Academy of Fitness officially becomes your credit provider and may obtain a credit report, and in the event of a default on the payment plan, may demand the full payment of outstanding course fees and/or commence debt recovery action including the listing any payment default with a credit default agency. Your personal information including any defaults will be provided to the Academy’s nominated debt collection agency and may be listed on your credit history at any stage until payment of arrears is made. You acknowledge that you will be liable for any and all costs incurred by the Academy of Fitness for debt collection and/or legal action. You understand that in the event of your nominated telephone number or email address not being able to receive communication regarding your default, communication will occur directly with your nominated emergency contact.
r. acknowledge that if you do not make an agreed payment when due, the Academy of Fitness has no further obligation to provide you with further training and/or assessment including marking any submitted assessments or issuing any statement of attainment or certificate. If arrears to course fees are not paid within 7 days of request, the Academy of Fitness may withdraw/suspend and/or terminate your enrolment and/or refer the arrears to a debt recovery agency without further notice. The Academy of Fitness will continue to attempt to recover all arrears to course fees from the nominated account you have provided to the Academy. This may mean that cumulative weekly payments equaling your total course fee arrears may be deducted on one day.
s. acknowledge that the Academy of Fitness will collect, hold and use information related to your commercial and consumer creditworthiness for any purposes permitted by law. We also disclose your personal information directly to the Academy’s nominated debt recovery agency. These activities are conducted for the purpose of assessing your credit capacity, eligibility or history in connection with credit applications, collecting payments from you and managing our credit relationship, including managing any course payment arrears.
t. acknowledge that any written materials, training materials, textbooks, instructional activities and/or equipment is the legal property of the Academy of Fitness and must not be copied, shared or re-sold for the use of others.
u. agree that you will be required to arrange at your own expense, all entry requirements of the course/s, including access to a sport, fitness or recreation workplace or simulated environment and access to required educational resources as outlined in the Academy’s Educational Resources Register. You acknowledge access to a suitable fitness centre cannot be guaranteed in your location and travel at your own expense to distant locations that have the necessary resources, may be required.
v. acknowledge that you will be required to meet all entry requirements including providing the Academy of Fitness with a current First Aid and CPR certificate (unit of competency code HLTAID003 Provide first aid or approved equivalent) either upon enrolment or prior to your course expiry date. You agree that all entry requirements are to be undertaken at your own expense.
w. acknowledge that prior to participating in any work experience or work placement, you must obtain and provide to the Academy of Fitness evidence of your student insurance policy and that you indemnify and hold the Academy of Fitness harmless from and against all damages, costs, charges, expenses, actions, claims, demands which may be sustained or suffered by any person (including yourself) for any loss of life, or injury, or damage caused due to the actions undertaken by you during any work experience or work placement.
x. acknowledge that the Academy of Fitness regularly undertakes continuous improvement activities which may change the structure and/or delivery of courses at any time and/or prevent a student from extending an enrolment past the original enrolment expiry date, at any time and without notice and without penalty (that is without a reduction in course fees and/or a refund of course fees or any other penalty).
y. acknowledge that providing advice on fitness professional scope of practice is the domain of fitness employers and/or Australian fitness peak bodies and/or the relevant insurer – students who require clarification on their specific scope of practice MUST liaise directly with their employer, peak body and/or insurer prior to enrolment in any fitness accredited training to ensure that the course they are enrolling in will cover their scope of practice. You agree that you will not rely on the Academy of Fitness to provide advice on your scope of practice.
z. acknowledge that no warranties, except those by provided by law, are given by Academy of Fitness in respect to your enrolment. The liability of Academy of Fitness for a breach of any term and condition or warranty related to your enrolment is limited to either the rectification or a refund of the course fees paid by you, as determined by Academy of Fitness in its sole discretion
Academy of Fitness obligations under this agreement
Subject to the payment of course fees as per the agreed payment terms and the completion of your course within the outlined time frame, the Academy of Fitness agrees to:
a. provide you with access to training and assessment activities and student support for the first study period of your course (the majority of course materials and student support services are provided in an online format) ; and
b. provide you with training and assessment in accordance with the training package qualification you are enrolled in; and
c. provide you with online support services, as outlined in this Student Enrolment Guide and/or official letter of enrolment; and
d. provide you with access to online course materials (the majority of course materials are provided in an online format), training and assessment for subsequent components of your course, subject to you:
i. successfully completing a prior study period or study topic; and
ii. meeting participation requirements at a minimum of logging in to your online learning platform and completing one activity at least once every 7 days.
ii. paying all required course fee in accordance with the agreed payment plan set up upon enrolment.
(Please note that a payment as specified by the Academy may be required from you to progress to a subsequent study period); and
e. on successful completion of all components of the course and the full payment of course fees, the Academy of Fitness will issue you appropriate certification for your course/s, usually within 30 days of the Academy of Fitness deeming you eligible for certification. In the case of enrolment in a combined Certificate III and IV in Fitness, individual certificates and/or statement of attainments will not be issued until payment of the combined course fees.
f. the Academy of Fitness will make changes to your course (including changes to learning and assessment documents and course materials) due to ongoing internal continuous improvement activities and/or government mandated upgrades to the national training package that your course is derived from. The Academy of Fitness must comply with legislation that specifies the time-frame in which a RTO must complete the training, assessment and AQF certification documentation issuance for students enrolled in a training product which is, or becomes, no longer current. This means that students are expected to complete all requirements of their enrolled course/s prior to their enrolment expiry date to avoid being disadvantaged by any government mandated upgrades. Students who enrol in a course that is subject to a government mandated upgrade before their enrolment expiry date, will be transitioned to the upgraded course (a transition fee may apply). The Academy of Fitness will endeavour to provide as much notice as possible to students that are impacted by a government mandated upgrade.
g. if you have entered into a payment plan to pay the costs of the course, and then default on the payment plan at any stage, your enrolment will result in any or all of the following until the full payment of course fees:
- suspension/withdrawn from attending or participating in your course/s
- exclusion from learning and/or assessment activities
- withholding of Statement of Attainments and Certificates
- termination of enrolment in your course
- exclusion from any ongoing enrolment or future enrolments at the Academy
There will be no further obligation on the Academy of Fitness to provide you with further training and/or assessment including the marking of assessment past the date of the payment default.
h. the Academy of Fitness reserves the right to send your details to an external debt collection agency for commencement of legal action to cover any arrears and/or default on a payment plan. Any fees payable to the external debt collection agency and/or legal action will be payable by you.
i. If you do not apply and/or pay for an extension prior to the expiry of your course, or if an extension is not available for the particular course you are enrolled in (at the discretion of the Academy), there will be no further obligation on the Academy of Fitness to provide you with further training and/or assessment including the marking of assessment past the date of the expiry of your course. However the Academy of Fitness will issue you with any statement of attainment that you are eligible for as at the date of your expiry of your course, upon request and payment of a certificate issuance fee.
j. If the Academy of Fitness, or a third party delivering training and assessment on its behalf, closes or ceases to deliver the course/s that the learner is enrolled in, the Academy will:
- to refund any course fees for units of competency not delivered and assessed if the student’s course timeframe has not yet expired
- issue Statements of Attainment for all competencies that have been marked as competent, subject to all outstanding course fees being paid
- assist with the identification of an equivalent course with another Registered Training Organisation if the student’s course timeframe has not yet expired
k. Upon enrolment, the Academy of Fitness will determine the support needs of individual learners, usually through the issuance of a student learner support questionnaire. Please note that there are limitations to the support that the Academy of Fitness can provide. Depending on your specific needs, the Academy of Fitness may need to refer you to a third party at your own expense for that additional support.
l. The Academy of Fitness endeavours to provide advice to the prospective learner about the training product appropriate to meeting the learner’s needs, taking into account the individual’s existing skills and competencies.
m. The Academy of Fitness endeavours to fully comply with the Standards for Registered Training Organisations (RTOs) including the issuance of AQF certification documentation and follows a continuous improvement process to ensure ongoing compliance.
n. Where the Academy of Fitness collects fees from the individual learner, either directly or through a third party, the Academy provides or directs the learner to information prior to enrolment or prior to the commencement of training and assessment, specifying:
- all relevant fee information including fees that must be paid to the Academy of Fitness,
- payment terms and conditions including deposits and refunds,
- the learner’s rights as a consumer,
- the learner’s right to obtain a refund for services not provided by the Academy of Fitness in the event the arrangement is terminated early, or the Academy of Fitness fails to provide the agreed services.
Communication with the Academy of Fitness
Students enrolled in a current course: The appropriate communication channel with the Academy of Fitness is via a dedicated online learning portal with associated ticketing system. This online learning portal is to be used for all course related purposes including contacting your tutor and requesting student support. Enrolled students have access to this online learning portal for the duration of their course. The Academy of Fitness will endeavour to respond to students using the online learning portal and associated ticketing system, within 48 hours however responses may occur outside of this time frame, particularly for complex matters, marking of assessments, issuing of certification, and non business periods such as weekends, public holidays, school holidays and Easter/Christmas/New Year breaks.
The learner agrees that they will meet the following entry requirements at their own expense:
- Photo identification: You must present a valid form of government-issued photo identification card (such as a driver’s license) when requested.
- Unique Student Identifier (USI): Students must obtain their own USI from the government website at www.usi.gov.au and provide it to the Academy of Fitness. The sole exception is an overseas student studying offshore and not having an Australian passport or visa. (However, foreign students in Australia will need a USI, since all foreign students in Australia will have been issued with an Australian visa, which allows them to use their passport as proof of ID when creating their USI.)
- A current First Aid and CPR certificate (unit of competency code HLTAID003 Provide first aid or approved equivalent) when requested, usually prior to being issued with Certificate III in Fitness or prior to commencing Certificate IV in Fitness.
- For the duration of enrolment, access to a sport, fitness or recreation workplace or simulated environment
- For duration of enrolment, access to required physical resources as outlined in the Academy’s Educational Resources Register
- For duration of enrolment, access to up to 5 separate screened volunteers that can role play as clients during training and assessment activities
- Depending on your specific physical and/or learner needs, the Academy of Fitness may need to refer you to a third party at your own expense for additional support as there are limitations to support that the Academy of Fitness can provide, particularly where learners may require assistive technology, additional tutorials and/or other additional support, such as assistance in using technology for online delivery components.
Additional entry requirements for SIS40215:
- Entry to this qualification is dependent upon students holding a current first aid and CPR and have been recognised as competent through a recognition process against specific units of competency. This recognition process must completed prior to being issued with a nationally accredited SIS40215 Certificate IV in Fitness. The entry requirements may be expressed as:
- a Qualification
- core Units of Competency of a lower AQF level Qualification
- vocational expertise, including typical job roles
- a combination of Units of Competency and vocational expertise
Students who completed a superseded Certificate III in Fitness from 2 or more years ago may be required to pay an additional fee and undertake additional training to meet the entry requirements. Please ensure you discuss this with the Academy of Fitness before you enrol.
Hardware and software entry requirements for all enrolments:
- Computer with current Windows operating system
- Unrestricted Internet access
- Smart phone with video recording function
- Sufficient internet speed in order to download and upload web content such as videos and images. Slow internet speeds may experience buffering issues and slower load times which may affect a learner’s learning experience.
- Sufficient software and hardware to create, download, print and upload common format files including: doc, dox, xls, xlsx, ppt, pptx, move, wmv, mp3, mp4, pdf, png, jpg, jepg, gif.
Pre-exercise screening and medical clearance
During your course, you may be asked to regularly undergo pre-exercise screening. The results will be used to reduce your risk of personal injury sustained through engaging in any activities within this education program. You may be requested to provide a written medical clearance by a qualified medical practitioner (at your own cost) prior to participating in any activities within this education program.
Learner Educational and Support Services
This course requires you to participate in exercise and physical activities within a fitness environment. This course also requires a certain level of skills in English language, reading, writing, learning, oral communication and numeracy as well as have skills and knowledge of technology for online study purposes. Upon enrolment, the Academy of Fitness will determine the support needs of individual learners based on the information you provide to the Academy, and if necessary arrange access to the educational and support services for the individual learner to meet the requirements of the training product as specified in the applicable training package/s. Please note that there are limitations to the support that the Academy of Fitness can provide and depending on your specific needs, the Academy of Fitness may need to refer you to a third party at your own expense for that additional support.
The following educational and support services are available to learners for the duration of the enrolment:
- written teaching materials delivered via an online learning platform
- visual and aural teaching materials delivered via an online learning platform
- learning activities delivered via an online learning platform
- assessment activities delivered via an online learning platform
- lectures via qualified trainers (online/videos)
- assessment via qualified assessors (online)
- assistance with arranging access to physical resources as outlined in the Educational Resources Register
- tutorial support delivered via an online learning platform
- access to work experience and/or work placement opportunities
- individual study plans
The above educational and support services are available to all learners regardless of their mode of study or location.
Learners are questioned to ensure that the required physical resources as specified in the Educational Resources Register are accessible to the learner – the learner cohort usually has a pre-existing relationship with a local fitness centre or can access the required resources via a simulated environment.
The Academy of Fitness determines the LLN support needs of the individual learner via a questionnaire which is provided to the learner upon enrolment. The submitted questionnaire is assessed by a student support officer to identify learners that require additional support. All identified learners are contacted in writing to make arrangements for the provision of support. Depending on your specific needs, the Academy of Fitness may need to refer you to a third party at your own expense for that additional support.
Any students who require additional support such as:
- assistive technology
- additional tutorials
- assistance in using technology for online delivery components
- individual phone or face to face support
will be required to source and undertake this support at their own expense as the Academy of Fitness does not provide this additional support as part of a standard enrolment. Upon request, the Academy of Fitness may be able to refer students to third parties that can provide this support however the Academy is not responsible for any arrangements the student may make with any third party.
Refund and/or cancellation policy
The Academy of Fitness has arrangements in place to protect student fees paid in advance and has a fair and reasonable refund/cancellation policy which applies to all courses provided by the Academy.
When a refund/cancellation will be granted
All students at the Academy are entitled to a refund of all or part of their course fee if:
- the student requests to cancel their course within 24 hours of enrolment
- the Academy cancels the course prior to the student’s course timeframe expiry as nominated on the official enrolment letter
- the student has identified a terminal illness or permanent disability after enrolment and can provide sufficient medical documentation to affirm that fact;
In the instance of a student requesting a refund within 24 hours of enrolment, a full refund less a $200 administration fee, will be granted subject to the request for a refund is made in writing to the student support email address and supported with proof of payment. In the case of students entering into agreed payment plans where the full course fees have not been paid prior to the request for cancellation/refund, the student will be required to pay the $200 administration fee in full prior to the refund/cancellation request being granted.
A request for a refund made in any other way than in writing to the student support email address (such as text or voice message left after business hours) will not be considered, as this falls outside of the Academy’s refund policy.
When a refund won’t be granted
1. When a student requests to cancel their course after 24 hours of enrolment.
2. When a student requests to cancel their course because they have changed their mind about continuing with the course/s or progressing to the next stage of the enrolled course/s.
3. When a student requests to cancel their course because their work circumstances have changed including a change of jobs or a change of work hours.
4. When a student requests to cancel their course because of a medical condition or injury.
5. When a student has a change of personal circumstances.
Where a student has entered into a payment plan for payment of course fees and cancels from the course after 24 hours of enrolment, the student will be liable for all payments due under the agreed payment plan.
The Academy of Fitness reserves the right to send your details to an external debt collection agency for commencement of legal action to cover any arrears and/or default on a payment plan.
You have 48 hours from the time of enrolment to apply for a cancellation. Approved cancellations will incur a $200 admin fee to cover costs and must be paid within 48 hours of notifying the Academy of the cancellation request. A phone call or text request for cancellation or withdrawal will not be granted.
Where a student has entered into a payment plan for payment of course fees and withdraws/cancels from the course after 48 hours from the date of the official enrolment letter, the student will be liable for all payments due under the agreed payment plan.
Students enrolling in the combined Certificate III and IV in Fitness course must complete both certificates. There is no option to exit/withdraw/cancel after the completion of only the Certificate III in Fitness and the student will be liable for the entire course fee for both Certificate III and IV in Fitness.
Time frames for completion of your enrolled course
There are strict time frames for the completion of your course as follows:
Course enrolled in
Total time frames for completion
|Certificate III and IV in Fitness combined||18 months in total consisting of the following:
(12 months for Certificate III and 6 months for Certificate IV)
|Certificate III in Fitness only||12 months|
|Certificate IV in Fitness only||6 months|
Students must ensure that they progress through their enrolled course/s within the above time frames. Students are encouraged to contact their tutor to assist them with a study plan to progress through their enrolled course within the above time frames.
Dependent on the availability of extensions for any particular course, students may request apply for an extension subject to payment of an extension fee PRIOR to the expiry of the time frame for completion. All extension requests are approved at the absolute discretion of the Academy and are subject to a fee, regardless of the reason for the extension request, including for reason of medical issues, disability and changes to personal circumstances.
In many courses, extensions are not possible and extensions will only be granted at the discretion of the Academy of Fitness and will be dependent upon the course status (current, superseded, etc), number of current students enrolled in the course, availability of resources to deliver an extended course and/or any planned transitions to updated courses.
Students who exceed the time frames for completion of their course will be cancelled without further notice and, upon request, a Statement of Attainment issued for any competencies that have been marked competent. Students who have had their enrolment cancelled due to exceeding time frames for completion may apply to re-enrol at the discretion of the Academy of Fitness, however re-enrolment will incur full course fees again.
Submission of Assessments
As a registered training organisation, the Academy of Fitness must strictly comply with government mandated requirements for the storage of student assessment. In order for the Academy to comply with these government mandated requirements, students must submit assessments in accordance with the Academy’s assessment submission policies. All submitted assessment must be via the Academy’s online learning platform and no alternative assessment submission can be accepted including the submission of hard copies of documents, usb sticks or emailed assessment. It is the student’s responsibility to keep a copy of all completed assessment and notification of assessment results for their own records. The Academy of Fitness does not keep copies of student assessment or assessment results and regularly undergoes a data deletion process in accordance with the Student Records Retention Policy.
Marking of Assessments
Please allow up to 14 days for submitted assessment to be marked. An Academy staff member will be in contact to advise you the results of your assessment and give you the opportunity to resubmit your assessment if required. If your assessment is marked satisfactory, you will be issued with your course materials for the next study period of your course (Please note that a minimum payment may be required from you to progress to a subsequent study period/topic).
Issuing Certifications/Statements of Attainments
Academy certificates are issued electronically in a format to reduce fraudulent reproduction of certification. A hard copy of your certificate/s can be issued in hard copy if required – please note that additional costs apply for the issuing of each certificate in hard copy. Please allow up to 10 business days for certificate/s to be verified and issued from the date that you are notified you are eligible for a certificate.
Transfer of enrolments
Enrolments are not transferable in any instance.
Other fees and charges
The Academy of Fitness charges additional fees for the following services:
|Extension and/or transition fee||
$500 for 6 months or $100 per month *
*extensions only available at the absolute discretion of the Academy
|Additional support outside of standard enrolment support
To be provided by third party at student’s expense.
|Optional Hard Copy Textbooks (when available)||Certificate III in Fitness: $85.00 + $15 p&h
Certificate IV in Fitness: $85.00 + $15 p&h
|Issuing hard copy of Certificate and/or Statement of Attainment/Results||$50 for each document|
|Re-issuing electronic copy of Certificate and/or Statement of Attainment/Results||$50 for each document|
|Replacement Invoice||Free for the first issue, then $30 per re-issue|
|Re-enrolment fee||Full course fees apply. A discount may be offered at the discretion of the Director|
|Payment balance or history||Free up to 1 request per month. In excess of 1 per month, $30|
|Each change to agreed payment plan payments – term or amounts or timing of payments||$30|
|Redebit fee due to insufficient funds||$15 per attempt up to 4 attempts per month|
|Credit card fees (third party fee)||Visa/Mastercard =As advised per the third party bu currently 1.6% of transaction/s total
American Express = As advised per the third party but currently 3.5% of transaction/s total
|Debt recovery fees (third party fee)||As advised per the third party but minimum of 20% of total outstanding course fees|
|Legal fees (third party fee)||As advised per the third party|
|Independent review of complaint/appeal by registered mediator from Australian Mediation Register||First hour to be paid by the Academy of Fitness, subject to the student participating in the Complaints and Appeals process. Any additional hours to be paid by the students directly to the third party.|
Please note, that from time to time, the above fees will be reviewed and adjusted accordingly.
Student Code of Conduct
By accepting enrolment with the Academy of Fitness you agree to comply with the published Student Code of Conduct located at: https://academyoffitness.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/9000063471-student-code-of-conduct :
Students who breach the Academy Student Code of Conduct will be considered to have engaged in misconduct and the Academy’s misconduct policies will apply.
In addition, students must meet minimum participation and course fee payment requirements as part of the Student Code of Conduct:
ii. meeting participation requirements at a minimum of logging in to your online learning platform and completing one activity at least once every 7 days.
ii. paying all required course fee in accordance with the agreed payment plan set up upon enrolment.
In the event that a student’s enrolment is cancelled due to a student’s misconduct, no refunds will apply however a statement of attainment and/or certificate will be issued up to the date of the misconduct event subject to full course fees being paid.
Complaints and Appeals
The Academy of Fitness has a fair, efficient and effective complaints policy to manage and respond to allegations involving the conduct of:
- the RTO, its trainers, assessors or other staff; or
- a student of the RTO.
The Academy of Fitness has an appeals policy to manage requests for a review of decisions, including assessment decisions, made by the Academy of Fitness.
How to lodge a complaint or appeal
Complaints or appeals must be in writing by the person making the complaint or appeal using the following link http://academyoffitness.com.au/2019/2019/application-for-lodging-a-complaint-or-appeal/
This complaint form is not overly complex or require a complainant to provide extension information, however does require students to include the following information to enable the Academy to identify the complainant and retrieve any relevant student records to determine the complaint:
- Full name and date of birth
- Date of enrolment (as outlined in the official enrolment letter)
- A copy of the official enrolment letter
- Summary of complaint plus any supporting evidence
- Suggested resolution to the complaint
Steps in the Complaints/Appeal Process:
1. The complainant completes the formal Complaints/Appeal Form with all supporting documentation using the following link http://academyoffitness.com.au/2019/2019/application-for-lodging-a-complaint-or-appeal/.
2. The submitted Complaint and supporting documentation will be assessed by Academy of Fitness and a written reply and decision, together with information on the Appeals and/or Independent Review process (if applicable), sent back to the complainant within sixty calendar days.
3. If the complainant is not satisfied with the complaint decision made by Academy of Fitness, an appeal can be made on a new Complaints and Appeals Form using the following link http://academyoffitness.com.au/2019/2019/application-for-lodging-a-complaint-or-appeal/. In some instances, it may be more appropriate for the complaint decision to go directly to independent review rather than a further internal appeal process (for example if it is a complaint about the conduct of the RTO and the complainant feels that an independent review may resolve the matter in a more fair, efficient and effective way).
4. The submitted Appeal will be assessed by Academy of Fitness and a written reply will be sent back to the complainant within sixty calendar days.
5. If the complainant is not satisfied with the complaint decision OR the appeal decision, upon request the Academy of Fitness will provide for review by an appropriate party, independent of the RTO. This independent party will be chosen by the Academy of Fitness from the Australian Mediation Register. The Academy of Fitness will pay for the first hour of any such review, subject to the student first participating in this Complaints and Appeals process. Any additional hours required for the review to be finalised (if any) must be paid by the student requesting the independent review, prior to the independent review being finalised. The Academy of Fitness and the student agree that the decision made in the independent review is final and binding on all parties, and any remedy to be provided to the Academy is limited to either the rectification or a refund of the course fees paid by the student.
6. Once complaints and appeals are finalised, they are recorded on the Academy’s continuous improvement register and reviewed to determine if there is a need to change any procedures or practices of the Academy.
Complaints and Appeals Policy
Prior to submitting a complaint or appeal, complainants declare that they have the read and understood the Academy’s Complaints and Appeals policy as follows:
All complainants are afforded procedural fairness that is, being a fair opportunity to present their complaint. Due to the complexity of some complaints and the available resources of the Academy, some complaints and appeals may take up to sixty calendar days to investigate and respond to, however the Academy of Fitness will endeavour to complete this in a much sooner timeframe wherever possible.
The Academy of Fitness will manage any complaint/appeal in accordance with the published Complaints and Appeals policy and procedure and determine the amount of resources to be dedicated to a complaint or appeal.
A complaint must be made no later than one year after the student became aware of the decision or action complained of. Complaints made outside this timeframe will only be considered if the Academy considers that exceptional circumstances exist.
There is no assurance that complaints will be resolved to the satisfaction of the complainant though the Academy of Fitness will endeavour to resolve the complaint or appeal if the resolution falls within the Academy of Fitness policies and procedures.
The Academy reserves the right to determine at any stage of any complaint and/or appeal, that a complaint or appeal should be referred directly for review by an appropriate party, independent of the RTO. This independent party will be chosen by the Academy of Fitness from the Australian Mediation Register. The Academy of Fitness will pay for the first hour of any such review.
Complainants who engage in unreasonable behaviour in respect of making complaints will be dealt with in accordance with the Academy’s Student Code of Conduct. The Academy will not tolerate any form of physical or verbal aggression or harassment and if the complainant engages in this type of aggression the Academy may:
- Prohibit the individual from contacting the Academy, with immediate effect.
- Refer the complaint directly for review by an appropriate party, independent of the RTO.
- Contact the police.
- Seek legal redress for damages caused.
The lodgement of a complaint and/or appeal or the commencement of an independent review of the complaint does not stop the Academy from starting or proceeding with any legal action against the complainant.
The Academy of Fitness maintains records of complaints to protect the rights and interests of all parties; explain and justify the actions of the Academy and to document and explain the decision-making of the Academy. The record will include information about the complaint, including: what occurred; when it occurred; how it occurred; the parties involved; and the outcome. These records may be released to third parties including any independent review party, Academy of Fitness legal and professional advisors and any statutory authority.
Access and equity
Access and equity means that the Academy uses policies and approaches to ensure vocational education and training (VET) is responsive to the diverse training needs of all students. Through the implementation of these policies and approaches, the benefits of participating in VET are available to everyone on an equitable basis including:
- Women where under-represented
- People with disabilities
- People from non-English speaking backgrounds
- Indigenous Australians
- Rural and remote students
Access and Equity Principles
The following access and equity principles are incorporated into all training and assessment activities conducted within Academy of Fitness.
- Training is designed to build on individual talents and experiences
- Training is designed to recognise and respond to the diversity of individual needs
- Training incorporates choice and flexibility to cater for individual circumstances
- Training is not to be restricted to any specific group
- Personnel have access to opportunities for professional and personal development
- Training and development opportunities are to be distributed equitably amongst all persons.
- EEO, Anti-discrimination and harassment information will be included in all relevant Academy of Fitness training activities.
Access and Equity Considerations
Most Academy of Fitness training programs have specific attendance pre-requisite requirements. These requirements are directly task or safety related and applies to all intended students. The pre-requisites are not intended to be discriminatory in any way.
Several training courses that Academy of Fitness conducts include activities involving close physical contact between students (including training personnel). The physical contact in these activities varies in amount from activity to activity but is purely intended as a means of providing learning experiences or assessing abilities in specific situations. These situations are based on practical application of skills and techniques associated with the core subject being covered.
Language, Literacy & Numeracy (LLN)
Academy of Fitness has a commitment to providing equity and to eliminating discrimination against students in vocational education and training. People with language, literacy and numeracy problems or a disability and people from non – English speaking backgrounds are encouraged to peruse their vocational education and training goals through participation in a range of programs offered by Academy of Fitness.
Academy of Fitness will access appropriate student support services, and ensure the necessary support services are provided for students as required. Please note that additional fees may apply for this service.
All students have the opportunity to address any issues with their tutor privately so as not to cause any embarrassment.
The tutor will assist where possible, and in the event that further action is required, refer the student to the appropriate agency:
Language & Literacy Services
|Your nearest TAFE Institute on 3234 1666|
|SPELD: 3262 9844The independent Living Centre:3397 1224Dyslexia Association of Brisbane: 3846 1559|
|Deaf Society: 3356 8255Sign On: 3391 5677|
|Blind Association: 3848 8888Foundation for the Blind: 3391 0277Vision : 3391 3686|
|The Independent Living Centre: 3397 1224Spastic Welfare League – Equipment Technology Services: 3865 4377|
|The Independent Living Centre: 3397 1224|
|Mental Health Information & Support: 3358 4988Health (Mental Health Unit) 3234 0680|
This list of organisations is a selection only. A student should discuss the matter with an Academy of Fitness tutor if they have any special needs or questions. If a student does have a disability or special needs, it is important to let us know at the time of enrolment so we have time to prepare the learning support service we could offer.
Learning Support Requirements will be negotiated on an individual basis. Some of the above services may incur additional fees. These fees will be the responsibility of the student.
Recognition of Prior Learning
Academy of Fitness acknowledges the skills and knowledge of students as a result of their previous training, work experience and or life experience. Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL). RPL is available to all students enrolling in a course with Academy of Fitness.
To assist you in your application for RPL, Academy of Fitness has prepared an RPL Application Kit. This kit leads you through the process of your application for RPL and the process used to assess your application at the Academy of Fitness.
Students who wish to undertake any RPL process must first enrol including arranging payment for their course of study. There is no discounted fee for the RPL process. Students have four (4) weeks from the date of their enrolment letter to submit their application INCLUDING all of their evidence to support their claim for RPL.
Please contact the Academy of Fitness for an RPL Application Kit for more information on how this process works.
The Academy of Fitness fully supports the principles of mutual recognition. This means that if a Qualification or Statement of Attainment from the Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) is presented to the Academy of Fitness, we will recognise this achievement and give credit in the relevant Unit/s of Competency or Qualification.
Applications for Mutual Recognition should be made in writing to the Academy of Fitness. Included in this application should be a certified copy of the original document.
All assessment methods/procedures adhere to these principles:
Validity – Assessments need to assess what they are designed to assess.
Reliability – results of assessment need to be consistent from on assessment to another and between facilitators.
Flexibility – assessment methods and strategies must be able to be reasonably adjusted to suit specific learner needs, resource requirements, environmental conditions etc. without compromising the principle of validity.
Fairness – assessment methods need to be equitable amongst candidates and not discriminate or favour particular persons or groups. Assessments should not require more than the competency standard requires.
RPL – individuals seeking RPL will be able to access an RPL process as described in the Academy of Fitness RPL Application Kit
Comparability – the review of assessment systems and procedures and the outcomes of assessment must be undertaken at regular periods in order to ensure they are functioning appropriately.
Appealing Assessment Results
Sometimes a student may not agree with the result of an assessment. At these times students have the option to appeal the Assessment Result. If a student wishes to appeal a result, please see the Complaints and Appeals Policy above.
Academy of Fitness retains assessment results for 30 years. Individual assessment records are always retained until the period of appeal against assessment has lapsed, this is 28 days after the assessment is signed off by an Academy Facilitator. Students will be contacted via email with the result of their assessment.
Student results will only be released for legal, educational purposes, individual student purposes (or their authorised representative) as necessary.
Course Feedback Procedures
At the end of each course we ask students to complete an AQTF survey. These surveys allow us to continuously improve our training courses and processes.
Once you haommend that you join a professional association as soon as possible and prior to working within the industry. All memberships/associations provide different member benefits and have different associated with their memberships.
In many cases many it will be a condition of employment that you obtain and maintain your registration/membership/insurance.
Academy of Fitness ensures all marketing practices meet the requirements of S RTOs 2015. Information provided to learners avoids vague or ambiguous statements and false or misleading comparisons with other providers or qualifications.
All course materials printed and issued by Academy of Fitness is covered by copyright. You may not copy any materials or distribute them to a third party.
Misconduct of a student is any behaviour which:
- Disrupts the learning of others
- Endangers the health and safety of staff and/or students
- Endangers the health and safety of yourself
- Interferes with the conduct of Academy of Fitness operations
- Prevents Academy staff from performing their duties
- Causes distress to staff and/or students
Examples of misconduct are:
- Defacing training equipment
- Damaging Academy property
- Stealing Academy property
- Refusing to follow the written or spoken directions of Academy staff
- Verbally or physically abusing a student or staff member
- Sending abusive or threatening correspondence
- Posting negative or rude comments on an online student group
- Intimidating or harassing a student or staff member
- Carrying a weapon
- Attending the Academy under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol
- Cheating on an assessment
- Plagiarising another person’s work
- Lodging frivolous, malicious or vexatious complaints
Misconduct by students will lead to them being asked to leave the premises immediately and/or removed from online student groups and/or enrolled course/s without further notice. Students will be required to address their misconduct in writing within ten (10) business days of the misconduct occurring. Failure to address misconduct will result in the student’s enrolment being cancelled without further notice. Any serious misconduct will result in cancellation of enrolment without further notice and be reported to the police and/or the appropriate authority.
The Academy may find that a complaint and/or appeal is frivolous, malicious or vexatious in any of the following instances where complaints:
- are without merit (for example where a complainant is unwilling to accept documented evidence as being factual or deny receipt of an adequate response in spite of correspondence specifically answering their questions)
- contain dishonest or misleading information
- focus on a trivial or minor matter to an extent which is out of proportion to its significance
The Academy may find that a complaint and/or appeal is frivolous, malicious or vexatious in any of the following instances where complainants:
- Have in the course of addressing a complaint had an excessive number of contacts with the Academy placing unreasonable demands on Academy resources. (A contact may be in person or by telephone, letter, or email)
- Display unreasonable demands or expectations and fail to accept that these may be unreasonable
- Request unrealistic outcomes to unjustified complaints
- Unreasonably refuse the Academy’s proposed resolution to a complaint
- Expect unrealistic outcomes to unjustified complaints
- Insist on the complaint being dealt with in ways which are incompatible with the Academy complaints procedure (for example insisting that there must not be any written record of the complaint)
- Refuse to accept the outcome of the complaint process after its conclusion and/or denying that an adequate response has been given
- Lodge an appeal when the substance of the complaint has already been considered by the Academy and satisfactory measures have been taken to resolve the matter
The Academy of Fitness is obligated to conduct its operations in line with relevant Commonwealth and State legislation.
Further information on federal legislation can be found at: www.austlii.edu.au
Further information on state legislation can be found at: www.legislation.qld.gov.au
Discrimination occurs when someone is treated unfavourably because of personal characteristics.
Discrimination may include:
- Offensive jokes or comments about another worker’s racial or ethnic background, gender or sexual preference, age, disability or physical appearance
- Display pictures or posters which are offensive or derogatory
- Expressive negative stereotypes of particular groups, e.g. married women shouldn’t be working
- Judging someone on political or religious beliefs rather than on work performance
- Undermining a person’s authority or work performance due to dislikes of one or more personal characteristics
The Academy of Fitness strives to ensure any person is not discriminated against or excluded from participation on the grounds of any of the following:
- Trade Union Activity
- Linguistic Background
- Marital Status
- Socio-Economic Background
- Parental Status
- Lawful Sexual Activity
- Political Belief
- Or an association with any of the above listed points.
However, in some cases learners may be excluded from certain activities due to health and safety reasons. In these cases the learner will be directed to a suitable medical practitioner or other professional services to obtain a clearance to participate in the activity. All associated costs for the medical consultation will be the responsibility of the student.
Sexual harassment is classified as any form of unwelcome sexual attention. Whether it be unwelcome physical contact or touching, sexual connotations or undertones in conversation, direct or indirect requests for sexual favours, distasteful jokes, staring or the displaying of material that may be offensive.
Sexual harassment has nothing to do with mutual attraction. As such, friendships are a private matter.
Depending on the circumstances, sexual harassment can be a one-off incident. Some actions or comments may be so offensive, that they are serious enough to be classified as sexual harassment, even if they only occur one. With incidents that are not repeated, such as an unwanted invitation out or an admiring comment, may not be classed as harassment, providing they never happen again.
All staff and students are responsible for their own behaviour. If a staff member or student thinks that a certain behaviour may offend, then it should not be instigated.
If another person’s behaviour towards a staff member or student is sexual in nature and makes the student feel frightened, offended, angry or humiliated, then the staff member or student is being harassed. Sexual harassment can happen to anyone, regardless of gender or age.
Academy of Fitness will not tolerate discrimination or harassment. Academy of Fitness will confidentially investigate each complaint of discrimination or harassment received.
What do I do if I feel I have been Sexually Harassed or Discriminated Against?
A student has the right to feel safe and to have the full opportunity to achieve their full potential in study. If a student is being harassed, help should be sought immediately. There are several options available. A student should choose a course of action they are most comfortable with. The student may:
- Tell the person causing the discomfort that it is making them uncomfortable and request the behaviour to stop
- Make a complaint to Academy of Fitness
- Make a complaint under the Anti – Discrimination Legislation to Anti-Discrimination Commission and Human Rights and Equal Opportunity Commission