Become a qualified personal trainer with the Academy of Fitness.
With a Certificate IV in Fitness (SIS40215) you are qualified as a Personal Trainer, allowing you to train clients one on one in a gym setting, deliver training sessions outdoors and work with younger adults and children.
The Certificate IV in Fitness (SIS40215) also provides you with the knowledge and skills to ensure you cater for the needs of all individual clients.
Our online learning is specifically designed for busy working adults, so it’s delivered 100% online with interactive, ‘snackable’ content. Academy of Fitness study options offer genuine flexibility, industry insights, practical skills and the support you need to achieve your career goals.
At AOF, you’ll have access to our student learning portal, which is a complete digital resource that grants you flexibility plus all the resources you need at your fingertips.
Successfully completing this qualification will give you the ability to set yourself apart in the fitness industry.
Get your FREE course guide below!
For more information on fees, course outlines, career outcomes and course duration.
Our industry partners
Once I graduate what will I be able to do with my fitness qualification?
Personal trainers typically work independently, either inside a gym, outdoors or at client’s homes or workplaces. Qualified PT’s can offer one-on-one training, small group fitness sessions, program writing & development, client assessment, exercise demonstration, plus monitoring & session supervision. More experienced personal trainers can also manage teams within fitness facilities.
Entry to the SIS40215 Certificate IV in Fitness qualification is open to those who hold a current first aid and current CPR certificate and who have achieved the following units of competency:
- SISFFIT001 – Provide health screening and fitness orientation
- SISFFIT002 – Recognise and apply exercise considerations for specific populations
- SISFFIT003 – Instruct fitness programs
- SISFFIT004 – Incorporate anatomy and physiology principles into fitness programming
- SISFFIT005 – Provide healthy eating information
- SISFFIT006 – Conduct fitness appraisals
- SISFFIT014 – Instruct exercise to older clients
- SISXCCS001 – Provide quality service
- Nationally Accredited SIS40215 Certificate IV in Fitness.
- Complete your theory work online.
- Complete your practical assessment the way you want either online or face to face.
- Interest-free payment plan.
- Upfront payment.
- Study Loan.
- Self-paced study.
- Up to 12 months.
- Start anytime – no intakes!
- Complete the online enrolment form and take the first step toward changing your life.
- You will receive a confirmation call from our friendly staff to verify the details of your enrolment.
- You will receive an email providing all of your login details to begin studying straight away.
- Get studying!
Popular Course Packages
The most direct way to become a personal trainer
We’ve created a pathway that enables you to complete just the required pre-requisite units before completing the SIS40215 – Certificate IV in Fitness.
Less learning time in Certificate III in Fitness will Fast Track you into the exciting and rewarding fitness industry.
Want to become the ultimate personal trainer?
Gain the unfair advantage against your future competitors. Complete the Certificate III & IV in Fitness in the Ultimate Package and receive the PT Success Program FREE OF CHARGE.
We’ve bundled them together as a single package so you can get all the benefits at a lower cost.
Standalone Certificate IV in Fitness
Want to study health and fitness out of interest? Want to help out in your gym?
We have created this package for those wanting to grow their individual health and fitness skills and knowledge, and even help out in a gym, but not have to study to be a fully qualified Personal Trainer.
Flexible Payment Options