So you want to get started in the fitness industry and are thinking about doing a fitness course? Awesome! You’re in the right place. Here at Academy of Fitness, we eat, sleep and breathe fitness and love nothing nothing more than taking your passion and turning it into a career! Of course you’ll have to be prepared to work hard, but we promise that you won’t have to do it on your own. From everything to filling out your enrolment form all the way to setting up your personal training business, we are here to help!
Why choose a career in the fitness industry?
If you’re reading this right now, there’s a good chance you’re aware of a lot of the benefits of being a fitness professional, such as…
- You can be a personal trainer whether you’re 18 or 72
- It’s a career you can take with you around the world
- You won’t be stuck behind a computer all day
- You can live a fit & healthy lifestyle 24/7
- It’s both challenging & full of variety… no two days will be the same
- The ability to be your own boss and work flexible hours
- The potential to earn a fantastic income
- The opportunity to change people’s lives for the better!
But did you also know that the Sports, Fitness & Recreation (SFR) Industry is growing, meaning that fitness professionals are becoming more in demand by the day? Yep! It’s actually predicted to be the 17th largest employment sector in Australia by 2017, so now is the perfect time to get qualified!
What does it mean to have a Certificate III in Fitness?
The Certificate III in Fitness is the first stepping stone towards a career in the fitness industry. If you’re wanting to become a personal trainer, this fitness course is essential! You’ll learn all the basics to get you started and qualified to land a job as a Gym Instructor,Group Exercise Instructor and/or Aqua Instructor at any gym, fitness or community facility.
This fitness course will give you a solid understanding of how to teach clients to correctly use gym equipment and help them to achieve their goals using the latest in exercise science techniques. The best part about the Certificate III in Fitness is that you have the ability to get paid “work experience” while you continue studying to become a personal trainer!
Some of the subjects you’ll cover in the Certificate III in Fitness are…
- Anatomy & Physiology (aka the human body!)
- Nutrition (food & how it affects the body)
- Sport & Recreation (yup, all the fun stuff)
- Exercise Programming & Prescription (creating custom-made programs for your clients)
- Exercise programming for special populations (like kids & older adults)
…not to mention Core Stability, Workplace Health & Safety and so much more!
Who is eligible to enrol in the Certificate III in Fitness?
Everyone. There are no prerequisites for this fitness course, so if you want start learning today, there is nothing stopping you! At Academy of Fitness we’re all about flexibility and affordability, which means that as long as you’re super keen to study fitness, we will do our best to make that happen.
We don’t believe in “too young”, “too old” or “too busy”… we just want you to reach your potential as a fitness professional. If you’re still unsure about whether it’s doable, please just give us a call so we can put your mind at ease. We promise we don’t bite!
How much time do I need to complete the Certificate III in Fitness?
It is totally up to you! We offer fitness courses that can be completed 100% online, giving you the flexibility to fit study around your work and life commitments (we know how crazy that can get!) OR to enrol in face-to-face on-campus workshops (selected locations) Choose full time or part time, online, in-person or a mix of the above – make your studies work for YOU.
We don’t want you getting stressed or feeling like you need to lock yourself in a dungeon to complete your course, so we made sure we created a state-of-the-art learning platform to give you…
- Full access to ongoing tutor support
- Classmate communication
- Comprehensive step-by-step study guides
- Detailed assessment information
- Student support throughout the course
- Access to course materials via desktop computers, iPads, iPhones & Android smartphones
- Multimodal assessments & easy online submission
If you choose to to complete the Certificate III in Fitness with our face-to-face study option, you’ll be able to attend theory and practical workshops at the exclusive Academy of Fitness purpose-built training facilities as well as having full access to our Online Learning Platform for support and guidance as you complete your fitness course.
Once I graduate what will I be able to do with my fitness qualification?
Role: Gym Instructor
In a nutshell: Gym instructors work within a fitness or community facility and report to the onsite manager (though they’re not always supervised). As a gym instructor, you would provide tailored programs, assessments & supervision to fitness clients as well as providing general supervision of the fitness facility.
Minimum Qualification: Certificate 3 in Fitness: Gym Instructor + Senior First Aid & CPR.
Role: Group Exercise Instructor
In a nutshell: Group Exercise Instructors provide group exercise sessions designed for a range of ages/fitness levels (classes aren’t tailored to individuals) and may be freestyle (the instructor designs the class themselves), pre-choreographed (such as the Les Mills range) or circuit style. Group Exercise Instructors typically provide group classes within group exercise studios as part of a regular timetable and report to the manager of fitness facility.
Minimum Qualification: Certificate 3 in Fitness: Group Exercise Instructor + Senior First Aid & CPR.
How do I find a job in the fitness industry after I graduate?
At Academy of Fitness, our goal isn’t simply to see you graduate, but to see you gain employment in the fitness industry. As soon as you commence your studies with us, we will be educating you not just about fitness, but about the fitness industry itself. Our trainers are all highly experienced fitness professionals and are here to offer their expertise and answer all of your burning questions.
We’re also thrilled to offer the following resources for fitness graduates:
Academy of Fitness Jobs Board for a current list of vacancies in the fitness industry throughout Australia (just choose your location & click on any jobs of interest!) – updated weekly.
Academy of Fitness Optional Work Experience Programs held regularly with a variety of our fitness partners, designed to further educate & bridge the gap for our job-seeking graduates.
What makes the Academy of Fitness so special?
- Every single person that works at Academy of Fitness is a fitness professional themselves and eats, sleeps & breathes fitness. We know what we’re talking about and LOVE what we do.
- We don’t spend money on expensive TV advertising or famous brand ambassadors. Why? Because then we’d have to raise the price of our courses and we don’t want to do that… we love being able to offer our affordable fitness qualifications to EVERYONE.
- We don’t up-sell expensive “add-on” courses which get you stuck in massive VET Fee debt. We’ve heard all the horror stories and refuse to play that game. We’ll provide the perfect qualifications to get you started in the industry, nothing more. If you want to further your studies or branch out down the track, that is YOUR choice and should be made once you’re ready.
- We’re super flexible here… ballerina flexible! From the study options to the payment options, we can fit around your schedule AND budget. Don’t believe us? Give us a call!
Is the course expensive and do I need to pay upfront?
We work very hard to keep our prices competitive and affordable so that absolutely anyone can pursue a career in fitness.
If our pricing wasn’t impressive enough already, we also offer payment plans so you can safely work the costs into your budget! If you’re wanting to know more about this, the best thing to do is call one of our friendly course advisors on 1300 650 198
For more information on the Certificate III in Fitness and the other Personal Training courses we offer at the Academy of Fitness, contact a Course Advisor for an obligation free chat here:
|Phone/text: click here > 0428 693 810|
Phone: click here > 1300 650 198
|Click Here to Live Chat With Us|